Saturday, September 30, 2023

Birmingham - Istanbul - Kuala Lumpur - Adelaide

It was time to leave the UK and head back to Adelaide. I arrived in Birmingham with plenty of time before my flight.  I found the best vantage point I could, but it was directly into the sun.

Birmingham has all the usual budget and holiday charter airlines, but also has a few interesting airlines as well.  Shortly after I arrived, a SunExpress Boeing 737 TC-SOA arrived, quickly followed by a SunWing Airlines example C-FYJD. Brussels Airlines flies a regular scheduled service using an Airbus A319 OO-SSJ.  The aircraft I was waiting for arrived shortly after, a Turkish airlines Airbus A321NEO TC-LSY.





Other arrivals included TBM-930 N930DH and Embraer 550 9H-RFX



RAF Brize Norton is currently closed, having it's runway resurfaced so it's Airbus A400Ms are operating out of other airports.  Two were at Birmingham ZM415 and ZM421


On the far side of the airfield were two more Boeing 737s 9H-ELF, a BBJ and F-HIQE of ASL Airlines, a freighter.



My transit through Istanbul was at night, so no photos, and I arrived in Kuala Lumpur shortly before sunset.  I did see a few planes while I was there, including Starlux Airlines Airbus A3321NEO B-58211, Himalaya Airlines Airbus A320 9N-ALM, Vietnam airlines Airbus A321 VN-A392, Saudia Boeing 777 HZ-AK126 and just as the light was fading a Kargo Xpress Boeing 737 freighter 9M-KXP







No comments:

Post a Comment