Monday, September 4, 2023

Adelaide - Kuala Lumpur - Istanbul - Birmingham

The next few posts will be for my plane spotter friends! 😀 

On my recent trip to the UK, I flew from Adelaide to Birmingham via Kuala Lumpur and Istanbul.  Here are some photos taken on the way.  Apologies for the quality as they were all taken through windows, sometimes 2 layers of glass.

I arrived at KL just before sunset, so didn't have much light.  The Saudia Boeing 777 HZ-AK34 was just pushing back as I arrived.  As I was taking the bus to the main terminal we passed Batik A330 9M-LRC. There were many Malaysian Aiorlines planes including this Boeing 737 9M-MSA.  
A new airline for me was MYAirline with A320 9M-DAD. 





At Istanbul, I arrived just after sunrise. The first arrival I saw was RA-89076 a Sukhoi Super Jet of IrAero, a new type for me.  It was followed by Turkish airlines A321 TC-JRA, A330 TC-LNE, Air Albania A320 ZA-MMK.  As I was boarding my B737 Max 8, the same type TC-LCE was being pushed back from the next gate.






As i arrived in Birmingham, we were followed in by Aegean Airlines A320 SX-DVG. On the next gate was Sun Express B737 TC-SPE, and on the other side was TUI Fly B787 G-TUIF.




I was through immigration in less that 10 minutes, and 30 minutes later was on the road in my hire car.  Next stop, The Midland Air Museum at Coventry.

No comments:

Post a Comment