Wednesday, May 24, 2017

UK Birding - Somerset Levels and Hunstanton Cliffs

Whilst en-route from Plymouth to Northampton, I passed through the Somerset Levels, another favourite birding spot. Most of the time was spent at the new RSPB Reserve at Ham Wall, under the watchful gaze of Glastonbury Tor.

There were plenty of birds on the reserve, but most of them were pretty distant.  I did manage pics of Grey Heron, Common Pochard and Tufted Duck.



After another visit with the grandkids I was headed to Norfolk.  As I was going to Hunstanton for dinner I called in at the cliffs there to try and photograph the Northern Fulmars.  The cliffs are now fenced of by no less than three fences, and the view is much poorer than I remember, but after numerous attempts, practising on Black-headed, Herring and Lesser Black-backed Gulls, I finally got a few shots of the Fulmar.





On the way back to my accommodation, I saw a family of Greylag Geese, some Red-legged Partridge and Collared Dove.



No comments:

Post a Comment