Sunday, May 21, 2017

Catching up with my family

I am just back from a quick visit to the UK to catch up with my family.  It's been 5 years since my last visit, so this one was well overdue.

I flew with Qatar Airways via Doha, with direct flights only recently started from Adelaide.  The flights were on brand new Airbus A350 and A380 aircraft. The service and food on board were excellent and I would definitely fly this airline again.



Once in the UK, first stop was Northampton, to see Ileana, Mark and the grandchildren.  It was lovely to see Maggie and Alex again, and to meet Eliza for the first time.

 
 
 


Then it was off to Plymouth for Mum's 85th birthday, and a celebration dinner with my brother Colin and his family.


Of course, I also fitted in some birdwatching. which I'll include in a separate post, (or posts LOL), so as not to bore all of the non-birders!! .

No comments:

Post a Comment