Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More from Belair National Park

On Monday I was up at Belair National Park, so had a look around for some more Orchids. The first thing I noticed was that there were a lot more Spider Orchids about. Lots of Purple Cockatoo Orchids as well. One new one for me was Common Pink Sun-orchid, that just seemed to be starting to flower. Whilst photographing flowers, I flushed this Laughing Kookaburra. I only had my 135mm on the camera, so started to stalk it. It didn't know whether to watch me, or look at the ground for prey. I managed a couple of decent shots, but oh I wish I had my 400mm lens with me! Back to the flowers, I also saw Rabbit Ears (another orchid), Milkmaids, Bulldogs (same family as donkey Orchid) and Finger Flower. There were lots of Cape Tulip, and I watched this busy bee collecting pollen from one. As usual, there were others that I am yet to identify.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, all of them and Spider Orchids, oh way too grand, never heard of them before. Have a good day~

    ReplyDelete