Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Penang Part 2

I have finally managed to find some time to put together part 2 of my post from Penang. As I mentioned, the gardens were very well kept, and had a variety of flowering trees, shrubs and plants. Some were familiar, like Frangipani and Bougainvillea, but others were a complete mystery. I am used to seeing white Frangipani, but in Penang there were also deep red ones, and a pink one that had different shaped flowers, but the tree and leaves looked the same. The Bougainvillea came in a wide variety of shades from pale pink through to deep purple, but my favourite is the traditional lilac one. Here are some other flowers. And finally a couple more birds. This Common Iora had a nest in the same tree as the Barbet from my previous post. This Emerald Dove was the only bird seen on a walk at the forestry museum a few kilometers from the resort.

7 comments:

  1. Great colours! The Common Iora has a wonderful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colourful blooms Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony, wonderful flowers over there! Hope you had/are having a great time. Hopefully they'll be more from Penang! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed the colourful show. That's probably all from Penang - back to Aussie reality now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tony, I saw you over at Mary's and thought I'd stop by and take a look around... so happy to have done so as beautiful flowers and photos always at the top of things to do. I'm looking forward to you posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks di, It's always nice to see a new face on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious. I am on a business trip and will be at Penang hotels Malaysia next week. I will definitely put this on my list of sights.

    ReplyDelete