Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Moon

Tonight there was an amazing full moon, and some very eerie cloud shapes. I tried getting some photos, but the only way to get the cloud even remotly was to overexpose by so much that the moon overpowered everything else.
So I concentrated on the moon, and got a reasonable shot by underexposing by 2 stops using my telephoto zoom at its full range (400mm)
Next I added my 1.4x extender.
and finally added another extender (2x this time) giving a total of 400mm x 1.4 x 2 = 1120mm.

3 comments:

  1. Your images (especially that last image) are SUPERB! Thanks for telling us how you captured them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony.
    Great moon shots,I remember when Sue and I were in the USA last year.
    For fun I did a few moon shots with a Digiscope set up.Which turned out great.
    Thank you for showing your shots which look fantastic.
    Well done.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wilma and John, Glad you liked them. I didn't think people would be so interested in the technical side of things. Maybe I'll do a post about the equipment I use.........
    cheers, Tony

    ReplyDelete