Wednesday, August 14, 2024

UK Holiday

I'm just back from a holiday in the UK to catch up with family and friends.  First stop was Plymouth, to spend time with Mum and my brother and his family.   I took mum out everyday, and spent plenty of time together.

One day we went across the River Tamar to Cornwall.  We used the Torpoint Ferry, a chain driven ferry that takes about 10 mins to cross the river. This is us enjoying some fresh air at Hannafore Point, Looe




Another day we went to Kingsbridge and Salcombe on the South Devon Coast and enjoyed fish and chips and ice cream in the sunshine.  


One afternoon we went up to Plymouth Hoe (where Sir Francis Drake is reputed to have played bowls before defeating the Spanish Armada) and had the cobwebs well and truly blown away!   Well is is summer in England! 


After about 10 days I left Plymouth and headed east to spend some time plane spotting and visiting some aviation museums.   More of that in my plane spotting blog.  On the way to one museum in Norfolk I came across This lovely little church in the village of Roydon.


I ended the holiday in Northampton, with Ileana, Mark and the grandkids.  We had a big day out in Southend-on-Sea, borrowed Poppy the boxer for a long walk at Daventry Country Park (Where I used to volunteer), and also went tree climbing.   Well the kids did, I resisted the urge.











1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your photos Tony very Interesting and informative

    ReplyDelete