Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pengilly Scrub and from the garden

Last weekend I managed a couple of hours birding at Pengilly Scrub, near Gawler.  I get there a little later than I wanted, so most of the birds had quietened down.  One of the first birds I spotted was this male Spotted Harrier which I disturbed from a tree with a large nest.   Is it the harriers nest?  I'm not sure, but the bird was hanging around the whole time I was there


Birds were busy collecting food, so it has obviously been a great breeding season this year.   Brown Treecreepers were common and there were woodswallows everywhere. most common in the air were Masked Woodswallow, but busiest, feeding young on almost every available branch were Dusky Woodswallow



Finally When I got home, I heard this RAAF C-17 Globemaster on a visit to nearby Edinburgh Airbase from it's usual home in Queensland.

No comments:

Post a Comment