Monday, November 27, 2023

Cleland Wildlife Park

I volunteer one day a week at Cleland Wildlife Park, and today was the volunteers AGM and Christmas Barbeque.  After business (and lunch) was over I took a stroll around the park with my camera.

This Red Kangaroo didn't seem too impressed having his photo taken, but the Koala was pretty chilled. (Aren't they always?) 



I went to the newly refurbished woodland aviary and got photos of a cute Zebra Finch, a Banded Lapwing and its week old chick, a beautiful Princess Parrot, and a Bar-shouldered Dove taking in the sunshine.






My next stop was going to be the forest aviary, and on the way I passed through the Emu and Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby enclosures, and almost tripped over a Southern Brown Bandicoot.




In the aviary I saw Australian King Parrot, Musk Lorikeet and Buff-banded Rail.




On the way back to the car, I heard, then saw a Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo, and got a close up of one of the Tasmanian Devils.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment